A rock star like reputation means virtually two things: public appeal and popularity. We can’t definitively say that Kim Davis is likely to be voted the most adored person in the world anytime soon, but she sure excels when it comes to popularity. We pretty much doubt that she needs any further introduction, but, for those who don’t know her, she is the County clerk that refused to issue gay marriage licenses to any gay couples, invoking her “religious convictions”. She is also the one who met Pope Francis last Thursday, receiving support and positive thoughts from the sovereign pontiff, who acclaimed her decision to comply to her faith.
While there are two sides today, one supporting Davis and her small rebellion, the other condemning her acts as discriminatory and homophobic, it seems like they both agree to one thing. There are some hilarious memes about Davis out there. Maybe the situation is not that laughable, but there are times when you just can’t hold it down. So you can understand our point of view, here are 10 memes that helped Davis gaining worldwide popularity:
- Davis claims her actions are supported by the Lord Himself. This meme proves her point.
2. Kim Davis supports the sanctity of marriage, an argument which she used when starting her rant against legalizing gay couples. According to this meme, her position seems legit…
3. Another “sanctity of marriage” meme, different laugh
4. Working in public service? Pretty tricky stuff, because that means your personal preferences should stay at home, this meme is a direct and funny repercussion to “Kim Davis situation”
5. It seems that the Supreme Court puts more value on the immediate consequences of your acts, not on post-mortem ones. This meme explains it pretty clear.
6. A pretty harsh but striking similarity between two different time periods.
7. This is beyond words. Not beyond laughs.
8. This is absolutely priceless.
9. And this is most likely related to Davis’ recent meeting with Pope Francis. If it is just a coincidence, it is that much funnier.
10. And, we admit the last one is our favorite. For obvious reasons.