Ellen Degeneres and Portia are definitely the most famous lesbian ladies. And they are incredibly popular! Do you want to know why? Read our top 7 facts about this awesome couple.
1. Ellen became the first gay actress who had the courage to come out in both her real life and on screen. She did it back in 1997 on The Oprah Winfrey Show, followed by her impersonating a character on a TV show. Ellen had to convince a radio therapist, played by Winfrey, to change its sexuality. Thus, she became the first actress to play a lesbian on screen. This step convinced a lot of LGBT people to come out themselves, and caused a queer visibility in the mainstream media.
2. Portia is an advocate for a number of charitable organizations, such as Locks Of Love; a group that provides donated ponytails (wigs) for kids with alopecia and other hair loss troubles. She even donated her own hair! Isn’t that amazing?
3. Ellen and Portia look wonderful on the red carpet and is the most coordinated couple ever!
4. Once, on Halloween, Ellen decided to hide in the pantry to freak Portia out when she came home. At the same time, Portia hided in the closet, waiting for her wife to do the same trick! In a few hours, Ellen messaged Portia and went to help her out of the pantry. Aren’t they perfect for each other?
5. Ellen Degeneres launched her own lifestyle brand. She brings her unique vision to this high quality collection of women’s accessories, apparel and decorative home. This brand literally encourages consumers to express their own sense of style and personality.
6. Their wedding pictures were so beautiful!
7. Ellen’s seat on her show features a place reserved for Portia only. She rarely misses her show and Ellen kisses her hand every time the show starts. So if you’re looking for a perfect relationship, look at Ellen and Portia! They are officially on the top of the lesbian couple’s community.